Challenges to the New World Order
Dr. Ramiz Mehdiyev, Head of the Administration of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan and an Academician of the National Academy of Sciences, examines the Caucasus’ role after the dissolution of the Soviet Union focusing in particular on Azerbaijan’s position, and how the existing geopolitical environment, as well as strategy and objectives of the states complicate the cooperation of divergent interests. The author particularly examines the Armenian- Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, arguing that in its policies Armenia opted out of regional projects and is among the poorest countries of the region. The author furthermore suggests that the Armenian administration should understand that an achievement of peace ensures, first of all, their own interests and opens new economic prospects for them.
- 03/17/2020 Call for Submission: “Non-Alignment Movement and Its Perspective in International Affairs”. Deadline: 1 July 2020 311 views
- 02/24/2020 A Year of Missed Opportunities for Resolution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict (Commentary) 524 views
- 02/24/2020 The Role of Irredentism in Russia’s Foreign Policy 433 views
- 02/24/2020 Illegal Economic Activities in the Armenia-occupied Territories of Azerbaijan 376 views
- 02/24/2020 The “Frozen Conflict Perspective” in Eastern Ukraine and its Influence on Identity Construction 329 views