Colloquy with Chingiz Ganizade - On Azerbaijani Refugees and IDPs from Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh Region of Azerbaijan
Caucasus International discussed this problem with Chingiz Ganizade, a leading expert in this field. Mr. Ganizade serves as a chairman of the “Democracy and Human Rights Committee” and is also a Member of the Milli Majlis (Azerbaijani Parliament). According to Chingiz Ganizade, the proportion of refugees and IDPs has over the past 25 years placed a significant economic burden on the Azerbaijani state, in addition to causing psychological trauma for refugees and IDPs. A new generation is growing up in camps and other refugees/IDP settlements. The double standards of international organizations towards the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict coupled with the ineffectiveness of the OSCE Minsk Group (tasked conflict resolution) have contributed to the continuation of one of the largest humanitarian crises in Europe – the refugee and IDP problem in Azerbaijan.
- 03/17/2020 Call for Submission: “Non-Alignment Movement and Its Perspective in International Affairs”. Deadline: 1 July 2020 314 views
- 02/24/2020 A Year of Missed Opportunities for Resolution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict (Commentary) 528 views
- 02/24/2020 The Role of Irredentism in Russia’s Foreign Policy 434 views
- 02/24/2020 Illegal Economic Activities in the Armenia-occupied Territories of Azerbaijan 376 views
- 02/24/2020 The “Frozen Conflict Perspective” in Eastern Ukraine and its Influence on Identity Construction 331 views