The South Caucasus: Challenges, threats and changes
Regarding the role of Armenia in the South Caucasus and beyond, Dr. Stepan Grigoryan, Chairman of the Board of the Analytical Centre on Globalization and Regional Cooperation in Armenia, analyzes challenges to the country’s security. He suggests that Armenia should make the following steps in the near future: declare its readiness to negotiate with Azerbaijan and Georgia about a future joint security system for the South Caucasus; and abandon its policy of full affiliation with the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO), which creates dividing lines in the region and imposes a long term Russian base in Armenia without rent or compensation for expenses.
- 03/17/2020 Call for Submission: “Non-Alignment Movement and Its Perspective in International Affairs”. Deadline: 1 July 2020 314 views
- 02/24/2020 A Year of Missed Opportunities for Resolution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict (Commentary) 528 views
- 02/24/2020 The Role of Irredentism in Russia’s Foreign Policy 434 views
- 02/24/2020 Illegal Economic Activities in the Armenia-occupied Territories of Azerbaijan 376 views
- 02/24/2020 The “Frozen Conflict Perspective” in Eastern Ukraine and its Influence on Identity Construction 331 views