Book Review - Joseph S. Nye, Jr Is the American Century Over?
As a small volume, it is one of the best short reads about global geostrategic power shifts. Leading International Relations scholar Joseph Nye, famous for his “soft power” concept, addresses the debate over the posited decline of America, presenting a clear argument that “the American Century is not over”. He comes to this conclusion by analyzing the prospective challengers: Europe, Japan, Russia, India, Brazil and China. Nye begins the book with a general synopsis to present the concept of the American century. In this chapter, he tries to explain what he means by “the American century,” and traces its origins. As the readers will find, Nye concludes each chapter with a declaration underscoring that the American century is not over.
- 03/17/2020 Call for Submission: “Non-Alignment Movement and Its Perspective in International Affairs”. Deadline: 1 July 2020 707 views
- 02/24/2020 The Role of Irredentism in Russia’s Foreign Policy 974 views
- 02/24/2020 A Year of Missed Opportunities for Resolution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict (Commentary) 878 views
- 02/24/2020 Caucasus under Review (Volume 9, 2019) 807 views
- 02/24/2020 The Conflict in Ukraine - The Geopolitics of Separatism and Divergent Identities (Commentary) 805 views