The Conflict in Ukraine - The Geopolitics of Separatism and Divergent Identities (Commentary)
This commentary seeks to examine the nature of the causes of the conflict in Ukraine, particularly in relation to the country’s geographic and geopolitical position and the tendencies toward separatism that this position breeds. The commentary then explores the various positions of the main actors involved in the conflict, including Ukraine, Russia, the separatist forces in Donbas, and the West. The commentary concludes with a consideration of the outlook for the conflict, which will be shaped by the divergent positions of these actors and geopolitical constraints on both the military and diplomatic levels.
Keywords: Ukraine, Russia, Geopolitics of Separatism, Identity
- 03/17/2020 Call for Submission: “Non-Alignment Movement and Its Perspective in International Affairs”. Deadline: 1 July 2020 614 views
- 02/24/2020 The Role of Irredentism in Russia’s Foreign Policy 865 views
- 02/24/2020 A Year of Missed Opportunities for Resolution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict (Commentary) 811 views
- 02/24/2020 The Conflict in Ukraine - The Geopolitics of Separatism and Divergent Identities (Commentary) 696 views
- 02/24/2020 Illegal Economic Activities in the Armenia-occupied Territories of Azerbaijan 691 views