The Nabucco Project as a Security Provider for Azerbaijan?
Güner Özkan, Adviser on the Caucasus Region at the Ankara-based International Strategic Research Organisation (ISRO/USAK) discusses the Nabucco project’s political and geopolitical value with respect to the Nagorno- Karabakh conflict with Armenia. Özkan concludes that the Nagorno- Karabakh issue is the most important security problem for Azerbaijan, as it remains the primary risk to the physical security and socio-political stability of the country.
Authors: Güner Özkan
- 03/17/2020 Call for Submission: “Non-Alignment Movement and Its Perspective in International Affairs”. Deadline: 1 July 2020 745 views
- 02/24/2020 The Role of Irredentism in Russia’s Foreign Policy 1039 views
- 02/24/2020 A Year of Missed Opportunities for Resolution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict (Commentary) 904 views
- 02/24/2020 The Conflict in Ukraine - The Geopolitics of Separatism and Divergent Identities (Commentary) 893 views
- 02/24/2020 Caucasus under Review (Volume 9, 2019) 880 views